Sunday, January 19, 2014

Speaking of Crazy

Might as well tell that story
Yes
I went absolutely bonkers in '77
I was smoking a lot of pot
 and I got caught up in delusions
I guess I went looking for help
I called at your house
Thankfully no one was home
Wound up at campus to speak to one of my professors
at night
Acted crazy enough with the campus cops that they called the real cops
who drove me to the house of a psychiatrist (signature one)
and then to Kings Park (signature two)
I was admitted
Committed I guess
They gave me a horse tranquilizer and I was knocked out
When I woke up I was back to my normal self
I get taken to the day room and there is my mother, sister and aunt
and a day or so after that
in the day room was your father
my mother had called him and he got me out of there
which was good
that place was like the place in "One Flies Over the Cuckoo Nest"
There was a condition though
I had to check myself in to a different place
Turns out there was a slip-up and because of a technicality of some kind
I didn't really have to do that
But I did
Your father had told the Kings Park doc who let me out that I would
so I did
I felt fine
but none the less I spent a few weeks in the psych ward of St. Johns
until I found out that I could sign myself out
and so I did
I was fine
except for the pills a psychiatrist had me on
till the psychologist I was seeing told me I could stop taking them
so I did
He also gave me a piece of advice that turned out to be true
not just for what was going on then
but has proven true and useful since
and that is that "it will pass"

I figured I couldn't get elected President
which bothered me and still does
I'm okay with not owning a gun
 never wanted any






No comments:

Post a Comment